Thursday, June 3, 2010

Selfishness--never overtake me again.



So, I was going to wait awhile to write. I didn't have a bad day, and I wasn't pondering on anything. It was a good day. Then...my best friend had an accident. A TERRIBLE accident. Flipped her car 10 times, flipped over a lane, across a median, 2 more lanes, down an enbankment, and landed in the woods. She boldy walks out of the hospital with one bandaid and a sling. If that wasn't God, I don't know what is.

Her accident made me realize something. I'M [SELFISH]. All I could think about today was how jealous I was that 1) she had a perfect boyfriend 2) he was getting all over her attention and 3) i hadn't seen her in whoa...exactly one week today. Ya'll think "oh my gosh" but this girl is everything. She's my best friend. I know last blog I complained because I didn't have someone like that, but that's where my wake up call came in. I HAD HER ALL ALONG. My best friend would do anything for me, and I didn't even acknowledge that. She had to go through an accident for me to realize.."Heyyyy. SHE'S ALIVE. SHE IS BREATHING, WALKING, TALKING, AND LOVING! She didn't have to have emergency surgery, stitches, or anything. Just a bandaid!" And she STILL would die for you." I used to get so mad because her boyfriend consumed ALL of her time. And I felt second best. That's not true at all. It doesn't matter who she hangs out with, or what she does. She cares about me, and that's good enough for me. How could I be so selfish, and sit there and think nobody cared? A lot of people do, whether I realize it or not. I may not be the prettiest girl, the skinniest girl, or the best person in the world, but I'm okay with that. I have one of the greatest friends in the world, who loves and cares about me, and I'm satisfied. So here's a challenge for myself, and to anyone who comes across this blog. THANK SOMEONE YOU CARE ABOUT TODAY. Whether it's for putting up with your problems, or just being an overall AMAZING person. DO IT. Just a simple thank you. It will help you feel a little better about yourself, and God knows it'll make their day better!--“A friend is a hand that is always holding yours, no matter how close or far apart you may be. A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care. A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.”

No comments:

Post a Comment